Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your current processing time?
- How much will shipping cost?
- I have a new email address. Where do I update it on your site?
- Are you a wholesaler?
- Where do I find a coupon?
- "Some exclusions apply?"
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What is this checkout error?
- I want to order a large quantity of a specific blank -- is there a price break? Can I place a special order to make sure I secure the amount I want?
- I'm getting your newsletter, but I cannot log into my account with that email address. What's up?
- I am having trouble logging in. Help!
- Where are the items I added to my cart?
- Why does it say my store credit/gift certificate code is invalid?
- How do I clear my product notifications?
- What happened to my "Wish List"?
- Will you tell me how to make something I found someplace other than Beaducation?
- What is your policy on selling or teaching the things that I learn from your online classes?
- My video seems to be loading slowly and pausing as it plays. How can I fix this?
- My video gets "stuck" at the same spot all the time.
- The video doesn't play, it's just a dark screen. Why?
- My computer speakers are on and working, why can't I hear the class?
- Do you offer Closed Captioning (CC) on your videos?
1. What is your current processing time?
Because of the Covid-19 virus, only the owner is in the office and she is doing all the shipping. Right now, orders are being shipped in 1-5 business days. Beaducation employees are home and still getting paid thanks to your orders. We appreciate you! Thank you for your continued support!
2. How much will shipping cost?
Our shopping cart calculates your shipping cost based on the weight of the items in your cart and your location. Place the items in your cart and click the "Check Out' button. When you enter the shipping address the options, delivery time frames and costs will be displayed. You can change your selection or address as many times as you like prior to completing the purchase.
We ship with the US postal service to domestic and international addresses, and also offer UPS Ground to street addresses within the contiguous US. Learn more about Domestic Shipping and International Shipping.
For orders $45+ shipping within the US, a Free Shipping option will be available. This is standard shipping. If your order is urgent, you will want to choose the appropriate shipping option for your needs. Exclusions to free shipping include any JAX products, the tumbler and tumbler kit. International customers, we don't want to leave you out. If your order is $45+ and you leave a note in the comments box at checkout for $4 off shippng we will process a $4 refund.
3. I have a new email address. Where do I update it on your site?
Log in to your account as usual and then click the "My Account" link (located at the top of the page on laptops/desktops, if on a mobile device, click the 3 bars to open the menu. Your email address can be changed in the Account Profile link. NOTE: Once updated, this email address will become the address you use to log in with as well.
4. Are you a wholesaler?
We are a retail company and have no minimum order requirements. Many of our metal blanks have quantity discounts built in and the option to order more than we have in stock at the moment. Click here to see additional options for large quantity orders.
5. Where do I find a coupon?
We aren't an "everyday coupon" kind of company (third party coupon sites often list our old promotions - this is beyond our control). We keep prices competitive and pass along savings with fun sales and promotions throughout the year. Only some of these include the use of a coupon code; some promotions reflect the savings automatically. Promotions are announced via our Newsletter and Social Media outlets. Sign up and connect with us to be the first to know! Make sure to check the *SALE* tab for current offers and closeouts.
Refer to FAQ #5 for information about exclusions from sales and coupons.
6. "Some exclusions apply?"
Coupons and sales generally have some exclusions which include, but are not limited to, any recently released products. Also, there are a few items that do not qualify for free shipping promotions, such as JAX products, Disc Cutters and Tumblers.
7. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express and PayPal. We do not accept personal or cashiers checks. Our system is extremely secure; credit card payments are processed using Braintree, one of the most widely used and most secure payment gateways. Please make sure that the postal code (zip code) entered for your credit card is associated with the billing address or your card may be declined.
8. What is this checkout error?
PayPal: If shipping within the US, double check how the shipping address was entered on this order. Is the information in the correct boxes? Is the state listed as a two letter abbreviation? Credit Card: If AVS is the error, make sure you are entering the billing zip code (postal code) that matches the credit card along with the credit card number.
9. I want to order a large quantity of a specific blank -- is there a price break? Can I place a special order to make sure I secure the amount I want?
Depending on the item, yes you may special order a large quantity. In fact, we encourage you to pre-order large quantities to ensure you get what you need! Check out the Bulk Orders page for details about how this process works. Ordering in bulk may save you some money as well.
10. I'm getting your newsletter, but I cannot log into my account with that email address. What's up?
The newsletter is administered by a third party email provider and is not associated with your Beaducation account. If you're not sure if you have a Beaducation account, click the Log In link at the top of the page, then click the "Forgot your password?" link and enter your email address. The site will tell you if you have an account attached to that email address. If not, perhaps you signed up under a different address or you haven't created an account yet. Click REGISTER to create an account. Please call us at 650-394-4644 if you would like assistance.
11. I am having trouble logging in. Help!
If you are having trouble logging in, it is either because (1) you are entering an email address that is different from the one that you created your account with or (2) the password doesn't match, or (3) you haven't set up an account yet. On the login screen, click on "Forgot your password?" and type in the email address that you think is associated with your account. If that email is correct, you will receive an email with instructions to reset your password. If it is not, you will see an error message that the email address was not found. Either try another email address or Create a New Account. If you are still having trouble, email email@example.com or call us at 650-394-4644.
12. Where are the items I added to my cart?
Every visitor to our online shop receives a temporary Visitors Shopping Cart. A visitor is someone who is browsing the site without being logged into his/her Beaducation account. If the visitor exits the online shop by closing the browser window the temporary cart will expire and be emptied.
When you are logged in, you are using a Members Cart. All products remain listed in your shopping cart until you have checked out or removed the products from the cart (even if you close the browser).
If you add items to a Visitors Cart and then log in as a Member, those items will be visible in your shopping cart along with any items that may have already been saved there.
13. Why does it say my store credit/gift certificate code is invalid?
By redeeming the gift certificate code, the value is deposited into your account and the code becomes invalid. If you are trying to check out and using a credit/gift certificate, look in the “Apply Credit” section of the checkout process. You should see your available balance and a box where you can enter the amount you would like to apply to the order. Call us at 650-394-4644 if you need assistance.
14. How do I clear my product notifications?
Once an item has restocked and you have received the email - the product notification request will be removed automatically. To proactively remove a product notification request, Log in to your Beaducation account and click My Account at the top of the page. Click on Product Notifications and then click the Remove link to remove the product from your notifications.
15. What happened to my "Wish List"?
16. Will you tell me how to make something I found someplace other than Beaducation?
As an educational site, we love teaching techniques with our classes and the design ideas that we offer. However, we respect the creativity and intellectual property of other designers and will not advise on how to make other people’s designs.
17. What is your policy on selling or teaching the things that I learn from your online classes?
The goal of our classes is to inspire you and to help you take your jewelry making to the next level. The User Agreement and reminders at the beginning of classes state that you are welcome to replicate the designs for resale. The exception to this rule is Laura McCabe, who respectfully asks that you do not replicate her designs for resale. If you sell a design created by one of our instructors, it is ethical to credit that artist for the original design.
We kindly ask that you do not copy and distribute our instructions or teach any designs learned directly from us.
18. My video seems to be loading slowly and pausing as it plays. How can I fix this?
If you have a slow internet connection or are taking classes from overseas, after you click to start your class and the classroom pops up, click on the pause button and let it load for 3-10 minutes. After the step has fully loaded, it will run seamlessly. Then you can watch that step over and over again with no jumpiness or pauses. You may have to do that for every step, but again, after doing it once, the step will play smoothly as many times as you need.
19. My video gets "stuck" at the same spot all the time.
It is possible that your browser has cached a broken image of the video for that step. Try clearing your browser cache, and then restarting the class. Look here for instructions on clearing your cache.
20. The video doesn't play, it's just a dark screen. Why?
Chances are you do not have Flash Player installed. Simply download and install Flash Player! Free download available here.
21. My computer speakers are on and working, why can't I hear the class?
Mouse over the window where the class is playing and the grey progress bar will become visibile. Click on the speaker icon to enable/turn up the sound volume.
22. Do you offer Closed Captioning (CC) on your videos?
You can view them on our YouTube channel and turn on the closed captioning option. If you move your mouse pointer away from the bottom of the video (away from where the play button and progress indicator are located) the captioning will sit at the bottom of the screen.