We have recently changed suppliers for our 3mm sterling rings. This new vendor has higher quality, is more dependable and is a USA based company. If you stopped buying these from us because of low inventory or cracking, I encourage you to try them again.
Here are some very slight differences between the old rings and these new ones;
- The old "3mm" rings were actually 2.9mm wide (as it noted in the description). These new ones are 3.2mm wide.
- The old ones were 1.1mm thick. These new ones are 1.2mm thick.
- Because of the slight increase in weight, you will see these new ones cost a bit more (typically only about $.50), but that comes with better quality and a reliable turnaround time to better keep them in stock (woohoo!).
- We have these rings annealed so they are soft and great for stamping.
- The old rings had the ring size and ".925" inside. The new rings have nothing inside. I am glad the size isn't there anymore because when you stamp the size changes anyhow.
- As you buy and work with these new rings, we would love to get your feedback. Please email me and let me know your thoughts - firstname.lastname@example.org.