Silver Solder Paste MEDIUM, 1/4 oz
- Product marked SS-70 (solder contains 70% silver).
- Allows for very precise application
- Comes with convenient 10cc syringe and two dispensing tips.
- MEDIUM paste solder is cadmium free.
- Contains a blend of solder powder, flux and binder.
- Flow temperature is at 1360 °F (738 °Celsius).
- Melting Point: 1275°F (690°C)
- Use with soldering picks to apply to soldering joint.
- Numbers on syringe: lot #, weight, date paste was made.
- Store at room temperature, out of sunlight.
Do I want soft solder or hard solder? Solder comes in soft, medium, hard and now extra easy. This simply indicates the difference in temperature required to get the solder to flow. Soft flows at a lower temperature than medium and so on. This is important if you are going to be soldering multiple layers of metal on the same piece. You would solder with a harder (higher temp) solder the first time and a comparatively softer (lower temp) solder the second time. This will keep previous joints from re-flowing. If you only need to solder one time, you can use any level but you might as well use soft or medium to save time and fuel.
Label your tube when it arrives for quick and easy reference.
- EXTRA EASY PASTE = 56% Silver, Flow Temp 1205 degrees F
- SOFT PASTE = 65% Silver, Flow Temp 1325 degrees F
- MEDIUM PASTE = 70% Silver, Flow Temp 1360 degrees F
- HARD PASTE = 75% Silver, Flow Temp 1450 degrees F
Solder Paste and Wire
loading the player....
Works great!! Lasts a long time! Don't forget the others!
Heather (Wildflower Native)
I really like this solder paste and use it for just about everything I solder!
I’ve now had the opportunity to work with paste and wire solder. I can see where each has its place. I don’t like paste solder when I’m putting bezels on rings as it slides down and is messy. But the paste is great for flat pieces. It’s trial and error but I’m glad to experience both
Virtues of solder