- Two different hole sizes: 1.6mm (1/16") & 2.3mm (3/32nd")
- 1.6mm hole fits up to 14g wire, 2.3mm fits up to 12g wire
- Made of tool steel.
- Tempered for making precision holes in soft metal.
- Screw down action makes holes without deforming metal.
- Punches through sterling silver, fine silver, copper and aluminum up to 16g thick.
- You will need to anneal your metal if you are punching through brass or nickel silver thicker than 24g .
- Check out our FREE Anealing Class to see how to do this.
- Replacements for the individual piercing pins are available here.
- 22g Brass, Nickel, coins or other base metal is best punched with our Drill Press.
This is one of my favorite tools. Make sure not to screw the punch down all the way or it will mar your metal and leave a small circle around your hole. Unscrew the punch all the way before removing the metal or you will pull on the punch and weaken the tool. Don't try to punch through any metal which is too "hard".
Make sure the little circle of metal removed by the punch has popped out of the tool and isn't clogging up the hole. If it doesn't drop out, screw the tool down to push that little piece of scrap through. You can then give the tool a little shake to ensure that the metal falls right out.
Screw Down Hole Punch
loading the player....
Tried using other types of punches and I always come back to this one, it never fails me! If it ever breaks I will get replacement screw down posts!
One of 3 punches I have and this one I use on thicker metals around 20g-16g to punch the holes, easy to line up and see nothing bulky in your way
Aloha! Does the job perfectly! I am punching holes in elongated coins to make key chain attachments and it does an outstanding job. I lock the punch in a small 4 inch tabletop vice to hold it steady and in place. MAHALO!