*** This vendor no longer carries aluminum, so once these are sold out, we will not be restocking them (7/30/20) ***
Aluminum Circle, 12.7mm (.50"), 16 Gauge, Pack of 4
- Diameter: 12.7mm (.5")
- Thickness: 16 gauge
- Sold in packs of 4.
- There is NO PROTECTIVE PLASTIC FILM on this blank.
- There may be surface scratches that can be buffed out with steel wool.
- This aluminum has a more matte finish than our 18g aluminum with film on one side.
- Aluminum Metal Info -
- If the blank has a protective film, remove it before stamping.
- Requires a lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie, Gilders Paste or JAX Aluminum Blackener to darken impressions (this does not apply to anodized aluminum).
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- Something about the polishing compound in Pro Polish Pads can sometimes cause a "cloudy" look on aluminum. For this reason we recommend using a Sunshine Cloth to polish your aluminum and Rubbing Alcohol to remove any surface ink or enamel used to fill impressions.
- We recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch or the Power Punch Plier rather than hole punch pliers.
I don't often stamp on aluminum but when I do I only buy from Beaducation- your aluminum is the best! These are a great size for young girls. I am making kid's necklaces to sell at a PTA sponsored event. I think these will appeal to the girls and the price here allows me to keep them quite affordable.