3.8mm Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch with Multi Pack of Swarovski Birthstone Crystals (240 pieces)
NOTE - This setter works best on very soft metals like Aluminum and Pewter. Because you have to move so much metal (and create a solid impression), it is tough to impress in harder metals, especially if they are thin.
- This was made to create a divot in metal for our 3.8mm flat back crystals to sit in.
- Strike the stamp/punch a few times with your hammer to create the divot. This works best on thicker metals (20g and thicker).
- A Swarovski crystal can then be glued into the divot and nestled in the flat circle. This lets the edge of the crystal sit "in" the metal protecting it from getting knocked off.
- Any strong glue will work, but we like to use Hypo Cement.
- Design measures: 3.8mm across.
- Made from 1/4" square heat-treated tool steel.
- Arrive coated in oil to prevent rusting.
- Wipe oil away with paper towel. Do not use water.
- We also carry this tool and kit in other sizes.
- Swarovski crystal flat back rhinestone size SS16.
- 12 packs of 20.
- 3.8mm in diameter.
- Use the setter tool to create a divot in your metal creating the perfect size to glue your flat back into.
- Use Hypo Cement to glue these flat back crystals to blanks.
- After gluing, let it sit for at least 12 hours before wearing.
- January - Garnet (Siam)
- February - Amethyst (Amethyst)
- March - Aquamarine (Aquamarine)
- April - Diamond (Clear Crystal)
- May - Emerald (Emerald)
- June - Alexandrite (Light Amethyst)
- July - Ruby (Ruby)
- August - Peridot (Peridot)
- September - Sapphire (Sapphire)
- October - Tourmaline (Rose)
- November - Topaz (Topaz)
- December - Blue Zircon (Blue Zircon or Tanzanite)
Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch
loading the player....
I love this crystal setter. I had the 2.6mm setter and knew as soon as this was released I had to have it. It requires a couple good whacks to set deep enough, but still easy to use and really adds that pop of color to a piece.
I love the new size! Combining the three sizes or just add one big crystal to a design is awesome. I followed Lisa's recommendation to take out the crystal setter, center it again into the circle and then give it a second whack. This really does the trick.
I love these crystal setters. So easy to use. I have all the sizes. It comes with a good amount of crystals too.
I have all 3 crystal setters. It’s easier to work with the larger crystals, but I like having all three sizes because it gives me more creative freedom
We love these crystals. They just "dress up" everything.