Riveted Heart Pendant, DIY Design
Our kind and talented friend, Kerry Bogert created this gorgeous pendant as a project for us. The project includes riveting, metal shaping and stamping... all of the things we love!
- Begin by cutting off two 3" x .25" strips from copper sheet metal (of course, you could use brass or sterling as well).
- Stamp on one or both strips if you wish.
- Use sandpaper or a buffing block to clean up the edges of the strips.
- Face the stamped sides of each strip towards each other (facing in not out).
- Punch matching holes at the bottom of both strips and rivet them together. Watch this riveting class for riveting instructions.
- Bend out both strips around something round or a Wrap and Tap plier to make the "humps" of the heart.
- Bring the bottom ends of the pieces around and down and pinch them together.
- Punch matching holes at those bottom ends and rivet them together.
- File the bottom point to round it out.
- Punch a hold at the top of one of the humps to add a headpin and a wire wrapped loop.
Helpful charts and guides